- The recent coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak is changing the way people work and collaborate.
- Organizations are working diligently to ensure their staff can work and collaborate while remote.
- The right managed services partner can help navigate the waters of these uncertain times for greater business continuity.
Businesses of all kinds are being affected by the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. It’s changing the way people work and collaborate. Companies are canceling events and closing offices and moving their entire workforce to a remote model. Schools are now teaching classes online and many colleges across the country have canceled classes for the rest of the semester.
Business Continuity Is a Top Priority for All Businesses
During this time of uncertainty, business continuity is the top priority for businesses. Their main concern is enabling their employees to work remotely while keeping the safety of their employees, customers, and data safe. Below are some steps you can take to ensure the continued operations and security of your organization and your IT infrastructure systems:
- Ensure the readiness of collaborative platforms, chat, phone, and video conferencing systems.
- Test infrastructure and other services (SaaS etc.) for the increased demand of remote employees.
- Ensure systems can be monitored and managed remotely without the onsite presence of IT staff.
- Monitor the security of applications and test for remote access.
- Ensure IT support for remote employees.
- Ensure the implementation of applications that ensure remote access to all staff.
- Have plans and measures to restore business operations (disaster recovery plans) if systems cannot be reached.
Business Continuity Means Staying Operational
Business continuity is not disaster recovery, which implies getting back to business. Having a Business continuity plan means staying in business. This involves having a plan for the unknown, identifying potential threats, and prioritizing resources and contingencies in response to the impact of those threats.
ATSG vendor partners such as Cisco and Microsoft understand that major events, such as the Coronavirus, impact business operations. They’ve rolled out expanded free trials to keep customers’ communications up and running. Their goal is to support partners, like ATSG, in providing their customers options while they explore continuity plans and remote working.
Managed Services Partners Can Ensure Continuity
The current disruptions precipitated by the coronavirus can overwhelm any business. Engaging a managed services partner, committed to enabling organizations in their strategic technology planning can help. The right managed services provider will assure that your business is getting the attention it deserves and helping you through the uncertainty. Your business’ continuity of service should be its top priority.
A partner that’s a right fit for your business should have these qualities:
- A remote worker policy for its employees and strategic partners.
- The ability to facilitate immediate recovery and continuous operations.
- Data centers that help manage and support your operating environments and systems.
- Geographically diverse and fully resilient and redundant data centers and infrastructure.
- The capability to leverage the most modern end-user digital workplace tools.
- Access to Virtual Desktops (VDI), secure Mobile Device & Applications Management (MDM/MAM).
- 24×7 global, multi-site service delivery capabilities.
- Communicates proactively with up-to-date information.
Dealing with a situation the magnitude of COVID-19 is likely new to most. Though, it’s not altogether unique. Recently, global crises related to H1N1, Ebola, cyberattacks, and the global financial crisis have deterred normal business operations. We should remember that with the right continuity plan and the right partner, business can go on.
ATSG – Transforming the Customer Experience Through Tech-Enabled Managed Services
Today’s choices for mobility, cloud, infrastructure, communications, applications, and operations are mission-critical for small, mid-sized and large enterprises alike. ATSG, Inc. is leading the transformation into Technology Solutions as a Service with our tech-enabled managed services portfolio and a commitment to technology innovation, operational excellence, and client intimacy.
Recognized by industry leaders and industry-leading publications, ATSG has 25 years of operating history delivering exceptional customer experiences that directly result in competitive advantage, cost-savings, growth, and improved operational efficiencies. Visit ATSG.net, call 1.914.517.2919, or visit one of our five Tri-State locations today for more information.