It’s a tantalizing idea, isn’t it? Taking all the essential attributes of the modern digital workplace, packaging them in a way that end users, enterprises and organizations of all sizes and scale prefer, then making it very easy to afford and very easy to buy, wrapped into a monthly fee.
Sounds too good to be true. Yet ATSG is doing it.
What Defines a Modern Digital Workplace?
“Digital workplace” is today’s buzzword for the virtual, always-connected space that gives you instant access to every type of resource and technology you need to get work done. This encompasses an ultra-flexible list of everything from e-mail, instant messaging, enterprise social media tools and virtual meeting tools to hardware, software, core business applications and the cloud. The digital workplace environment empowers, enables and mobilizes in a big way by improving the flow of communication, collaboration and information across the entire company, any time, anywhere … and rendering you the most productive digital workplace worker possible.
What Does the Ultimate Digital Workplace Look Like for Workers?
Think about it. You are likely working from anywhere you want. You’re happy about this, too. Once known as telecommuting or working remotely, the notion of work mobility has risen steadily (up a whopping 79% between 2005 and 2012 ) and now makes up 2.6% of the American workforce. That’s 3.2 million workers – and 91% of them feel more productive already.
In the ultimate digital workplace, workers want to be 100% digitally productive. This is one of the things all enterprises today are striving to accomplish as they enable their workforce, and this is what workers want to make it all happen:
- Users want choice. Device flexibility is important to end users. Companies must balance corporate standard issue with users’ personal choice when it comes to devices and provide a consistent user experience across all choices.
- Users want mobility. Connecting from anywhere is the preferred choice for today’s end users. Connections should be easy, stable and high performance.
- Users want reliability. A disrupted experience is not cool with end users. They want a 24x7xAlways professional service that provides a solution to their device reliability issue -anything that disrupts their digital workplace environment or the flow of productivity- immediately. Not your basic Genius Bar appointment, either.
- Users want performance. Device performance matters to end users. Do they have speed? Do they have enough memory, storage, cloud capacity? Can they access the latest and greatest technology? They need their devices regularly refreshed and current.
- Users want security. No peeking into end user devices, no sir. The ability to manage a spectrum of devices and applications in a managed security service that’s incorporated into the user’s choice is mission-critical. Rather than intruding, users want their devices always monitored and remediated rapidly in today’s world of cyber-attacks.
What is Digital Workplace as a Service?
What we’ve created is a technology solution as a service offering we call Digital Workplace as a Service – our take on the modern digital workplace, completely bundled in an all-inclusive subscription-based financing model fully managed by ATSG, that gives end users all of what they want for a monthly fee.
You want to choose your own device. You want it connected – always. You want it to perform – beautifully. You want it highly secure. You want it supported by a simple service model. Digital Workplace as a Service provides your choice of devices and technologies, supported and refreshed on a regular schedule, so you get predictable performance, security, service levels and costs for all of your end point environments, be it mobile, desktop, laptop or tablet.
Why is Digital Workplace as a Service a Game Changer?
We see a trend toward Digital Workplace as a Service applying to just about any environment.
Take the two biggest computing environments in the digital world today: the Microsoft Windows 10 environment and the iPhone mobile environment. With Digital Workplace as a Service, we can configure a full spectrum of choices with a full array of images and applications, complete cloud enablement and full security. We can deploy devices to users, fully supported and refreshed on a regular schedule. We can provide:
- peripherals around the environment
- customized options and accessories of the environment
- a full enterprise service desk to support end users
- a managed security service on each device, remotely with analytics
- support for break fix in and out of warranty
- repair up to and including device swaps
We can accomplish this tailor-made package for as little as 10 devices or tens of thousands of devices, all for a monthly subscription to the modern digital workplace.
This all-inclusive subscription model is pretty new in the IT managed services world. Subscriptions are typically applied to one service at a time, such as software as a service or infrastructure as a service. Now, your enterprise can subscribe to all the digital enablement end point needed for a monthly subscription fee. No buying or owning devices. No large-scale laptop and PC deployments. Reduced capital expenditures on giant refresh projects in three-to-five years. That’s why Digital Workplace as a Service is a game changer. It’s the wave of the future.
ATSG – Transforming the customer experience through tech-enabled managed services
Today’s choices for mobility, cloud, infrastructure, communications, applications and operations are mission-critical for small, mid-sized and large enterprises. ATSG is leading the transformation into Technology Solutions as a Service with our tech-enabled managed services portfolio and a commitment to digital innovation, delivery excellence and client intimacy. Recognized by industry leaders and industry-leading publications, ATSG has 25 years of operating history delivering exceptional client experiences that directly result in competitive advantage, cost-saving efficiencies, growth and tangible business results. Visit ATSG.net, and call 1.914.984.2400 or visit one of our five NY Tri-State locations today for more information.